Family – they’re the people who will always be there for us no matter what. They’re the people who love us and the people we love unconditionally. Our families are there to support us, they’re there to pick us up when we’re down and to give us strength even when we feel like giving up. Sometimes however, it’s easy to forget that. In the whirlwind that is life we can often forget the true meaning and value of family, something that will ultimately leave us feeling empty and alone. With that in mind, here’s some inspirational family quotes and sayings to remind you just how important and magical our families are.
Quotes About Family Importance
Like I said before, families are important – they’re a key ingredient for a fulfilling life. Sometimes we need reminded of that however so here’s five of my favourite quotes to really remind us how great families are.
- Family is not an important thing. It’s everything. – Michael J. Fox
- Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family. – Anthony Brandt
- That’s what people do who love you. They put their arms around you and love you when you’re not so lovable. – Deb Caletti
- A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it. – George Moore
- I don’t care how poor a man is; if he has family, he’s rich. – Dan Wilcox and Thad Mumford
Quotes About What Makes A Family
Writing this article got me thinking about the definition of a family, what it means to be a part of one and who exactly our families are. Are our families the people we’re born to, the people we meet along the way or both? And what does being a part of a family involve? I suppose the answers to all these questions differ for each and every one of us but here’s five quotes and sayings that I think define families perfectly.
- The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another’s desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. – Erma Bombeck
- There’s nothing that makes you more insane than family. Or more happy. Or more exasperated. Or more…secure. – Jim Butcher
- Family isn’t always blood. It’s the people in your life who want you in theirs. The ones you accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile, and who love you you no matter what. – Unknown
- A family is a unit composed not only of children but of men, women, an occasional animal, and the common cold. – Ogden Nash
- Mothers are the people who love us for no good reason. And those of us who are mothers know it’s the most exquisite love of all. – Maggie Gallagher
From The TV & Movies
I find, one of the greatest things about TV and movies isn’t their entertainment value but the value of the lessons they teach us. Family and love are common themes we encounter on our TV screens meaning there are some fantastic quotes out there too. Okay, I admit it, not all of these quotes are said with the characters family in mind but I think they apply all the same.
- Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. – Lilo And Stitch
- Sometimes when you love someone, you have to let them be their own person…Even if you don’t agree with what they want to do with their life. You have to let them beat their own tambourine, even if you don’t care for tambourine music. – 90210
- Some people care too much…I think it’s called love. – Winnie The Pooh
- Knowing that somebody’s there for you makes all the difference in the world. – The Glades
If you didn’t already appreciate your family, I hope I’ve got you thinking about why they matter and the importance of them. Life wouldn’t be the same without your family – fact – so take the time to make them feel loved and to be loved by them before you miss your chance. I’m going to leave you with one final quote from Jane Howard-in my eyes this is perhaps the most important lesson of all.
Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.