Actress Amber Heard leaves Los Angeles Superior Court court on May 27, 2016, after giving a sworn declaration that her husband Johnny Depp threw her cellphone at her during a fight Saturday, striking her cheek and eye. Picture: AP Photo/Richard Vogel
Amber Heard will make a statement to the police documenting the “years of abuse” she allegedly suffered at the hands of Johnny Depp.
Lawyers representing the ‘Magic Mike XXL’ star have claimed she never planned to speak out about the domestic abuse to “protect her privacy and Johnny’s career” but the ‘Black Mass’ star and his team have “forced” Amber into making a statement by the way they have acted.
Samantha F. Spector and co-counsel Joseph P. Koenig said: “As the result of Amber’s decision to decline giving an initial statement to the LAPD, her silence has been used against her by Johnny’s team. Amber did not provide a statement to the LAPD in an attempt to protect her privacy and Johnny’s career.
“Johnny’s team has forced Amber to give a statement to the LAPD to set the record straight as to the true facts, as she cannot continue to leave herself open to the vicious false and malicious allegations that have infected the media. Amber has suffered through years of physical and psychological abuse at the hands of Johnny.”
Amber’s legal team went on to claim they always “took the high road” and says the 30-year-old actress – who filed for divorce from Johnny earlier this week – is not motivated by money.
They continued: “We too…