Fatehabad: Policemen standing near a passenger bus in which a blast took place near Bhuna in Fatehabad district of Haryana on Tuesday. (Source: PTI)
Haryana Police have zeroed in on a suspect — one Mukesh alias Meena of Jandil Kalan village — in the low-intensity blast that took place on a bus Tuesday morning.
A sweeper of a Hindustan Petroleum petrol pump had informed the police about having seen a man with his shirt on fire running away from the spot where the blast had taken place.
Police reportedly tracked the suspect after scanning the CCTV footage at the pump. A burnt kurta too has reportedly been recovered from his possession.
Share This Article Related Article
- Haryana: Another blast in private bus, 2 injured
- At least 8 injured in Haryana blast, similar bombs used earlier
- Blasts from the past: Cops still groping in the dark
- Five more bombs found,suspect names two other accomplices
- Blasts at Bodhgaya,2 hurt
- After anonymous call,Varanasi blast suspect detained at airport
The police have so far ruled out the terror attack angle in the case. Three passengers, including a couple identified as Bhagirath (45) and Rajbala (40), were injured in the blast.
Inspector General of Police, Hisar Range, O P Singh said: “According to our investigation so far, a blast of a kind of big cracker and not that of an improvised devise used by terrorists took place.”
Inspector General of Police, Hisar Range, O P Singh said the man could be a farmer who w…