BSF has been put on “very high alert” along the 443-km long Indo-Bangladesh border in Meghalaya.
BSF has been put on “very high alert” along the 443-km long Indo-Bangladesh border in Meghalaya following the killing of 20 hostages in a terror attack at a restaurant in Dhaka, an official said on July 3.
“The force has been put on very high alert along the Indo-Bangladesh border following the armed attack in Dhaka. Security has been tightened,” BSF Inspector General (Meghalaya Frontier) PK Dubey said.
Dubey said he had spoken to officials of Meghalaya Police for coordination and sharing of information as soon as news of the killings came in.
Share This Article Related Article
- BSF increases vigil at Indo-Bangla border
- BSF suspends 7 troops after Bangladeshi killed along Indo-Bangla frontier
- BSF apprehended 76 Bangladeshis in Meghalaya in one year
- Militants kill 2 BSF jawans in Meghalaya
- Smuggling thrives as fencing of Indo-Bangla border delayed
- BSF alert on Indo-Bangladesh border: Kumawat
Watch Video: What’s making news
Meghalaya has over 100 “gaps” consisting of streams,…