Punjab CM, Prakash Singh Badal (Center).
A day after Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal claimed that his government had scrapped Clause 5 of the Punjab Termination of Agreements Act (PTAA), 2004, Punjab Congress leader Sunil Jakhar on Saturday this was not true.
“Section 5 of PTAA has never been scrapped and it is totally shocking that the CM of Punjab is misinformed on this important issue related to Punjab’s water which they have been making a big issue,” said Jakhar while speaking to The Sunday Express. “The Chief Minister, who is seeking public sympathy on the SYL issue, and is asking people to get ready to make any sacrifice on the SYL issue, is not aware that what exactly he was asking for from the people.”
Share This Article Related Article
- Parkash Singh Badal says Clause 5 of PTAA scrapped, doesn’t say when
- Punjab govt dithering on SYL issue, says CLP leader Sunil Jakhar
- Cong MLAs break police barricades to meet CM, Badal says will look into all issues
- Govt has no intent to give us time to debate crucial issues: Jakhar
- Jakhar reminds govt not to gloat on its win
- Scrapping PTAA complicated issue,needs examination by legal experts
Watch Video: What’s making news
“If Shakeel Ahmad (senior Congress leader) had said so (on clause 5 of PTAA) then it is different thing but if Punjab Chief Minister is saying so that the clause has been scrapped it is shocking and it also establishes that they are trying to make it an emotive issue and not bothered about what the facts are,” said Jakhar. “The CM should explain when and where this section was scrapped as people of the state…