A Congress leader was beaten to death in Baran district late on Saturday night allegedly due to political rivalry, police said Sunday.
“Sonu Goyal, 33, had a political rivalry with some local men over panchayat elections. On Saturday evening, Mahendra Pal spotted him near a dhaba and allegedly attacked and killed him. We arrested Pal on Sunday,” said Baran SP Dusht Daman Singh.
An FIR was also registered in the case at Kasba police station. The SP said that the accused is related to the BJP district president.
Share This Article Related Article
- Rajasthan: Congress leader beaten to death
- Ex-Maya minister Nandi, kin booked for shooting at businessman
- No stopping the crime run
- Now 5 attacks in 9 days on BJP leaders in UP; 1 more dead
- Villagers hack to death 4 of ex-pradhan’s kin
- Custodial death: Murder case lodged against cops
Demanding a CBI probe into the murder, the relatives of the deceased refused to cremate the body till late on Sunday night.
Congress state president Sac…