|Check out some of the latest makeuseof discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with a decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. For even more app reviews subscribe to makeuseof directory. Want to submit your application to MakeUseOf directory ? See how here.|
(1) ArchiveSearch – Search news headlines from last week, last year, last century etc. This web app from Google that lets you search news archives and view the results on a historical timeline. Read more: ArchiveSearch – Search News Archives.
(2) Buddy Updates – A plugin for your AIM messenger that lets you stay up to date with your AIM buddies’ status updates in various other social networking sites like Twitter, delicious, Facebook, MySpace and many other sites.
(3) Google Insights – Compare and visualize search term’s popularity (on Google) across geographic regions, categories, and time frames. In a way it is quite similar to what you get on Google Trends but a lot more comprehensive. Read more: Google Insights – See What the World is Searching For.
(4) [NO LONGER WORKS] Graphsy – Online graph drawing tool which aims at better usability. Create different shapes and connect them easily. It gives various modification options like changing colors, text, adjusting shape properties, deleting and splitting images on graphs and some other functions.
(5) [NO LONGER WORKS] I Did Work – Quickly create a detailed log of your work and keep a track of it. In case you are working with a team, I Did Work lets you connect with your team members and track their work logs too.
(6) Photoshop Lady – Aggregates cool Photoshop tutorials from all over the web in one place. Learn how to turn an image into a beautiful painting or a pencil sketch, make images black and white and tons of other howto’s. Read more: Photoshop Lady – Cool Photoshop Tutorials.
(7) Pixlr – Crop, resize, rotate images online. Also lets you apply layers, adjust filters and colors. Once you’re done fixing the image you can download and save it to your computer. Read more: Pixlr – Online Image and Photo Editor.
(8)– Lets you keep a track of your daily spendings and bank accounts from mobile phone. Check bank account balance, setup payment due alerts, check and log transactions, create reminders etc.
(9) YearbookYourself – Upload your picture of yourself and morph it into any classic look from 1950’s, 60’s, 70’s and so on. Read more …
(10) [NO LONGER WORKS] YoutubePodcaster – Turn Youtube video search results into a podcast feed. The feed will contain YouTube videos with all videos converted to the MP4 file format. Subscribe to the feed using your RSS reader or iTunes player and download and play the videos on your iPod. Read more: YouTubePodcaster – Convert YouTube Results to MP4 Podcast Feeds.
These are just half of the applications that were added to our directory in the last 3-4 days. To keep up-to-date on all directory additions subscribe to MakeUseOf Directory here. To subscribe via email click here.