|Check out some of the latest MakeUseOf discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with a decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. For more cool websites and web app reviews subscribe to MakeUseOf Directory.|
(1) ConflictHistory – Interesting mashup that combines a timeline of world wars with their geographical location and presents this data on Google Maps. The timeline starts from 3000 BC and covers all conflicts up to the 2005. You would be surprised to see the amount of conflicts the world has had just in the last decade. Read more: ConflictHistory – Interactive Map Of World Conflicts
(2) [NO LONGER WORKS] VersionDownload – It’s a common issue when new software releases are found to be less user-friendly than it predecessor. In such cases, I tend to stick with the older version. The problem is that it’s not always easy to find it because official websites tend to link only the latest version. VersionDownload is a website that archives older versions of software programs and lets you quickly download the exact version you’re looking for. Read more:
(3) Twitter2Press – Cool Twitter tool, a WordPress plugin rather, which lets you easily self-host your Twitter images on a WordPress blog if you have one. You could either create a separate blog which acts as your Twitter image gallery or build a new page in your existing blog for the purpose. Read more: Twitter2Press – Easily Self-host Your Twitter Images
(4) [NO LONGER WORKS] WhatUCollect – This site offers a web based repository of your personal collection which could be shared with the world or it could act as a private catalog containing information about all your collections. It could be a collection of stamps, coins, movies, music, books or anything else which you are fond of collecting.
(5) [NO LONGER WORKS] Spectives – If you love RSS feeds but would rather prefer a different way of going through them instead of the conventional RSS feed reader, then Spectives is a site you should try out. It is a visual RSS reader that lets you follow your favorite sites on a sleek visual interface.
These are just half of the websites that we discovered in the last couple of days. If you want us to send you daily round-ups of all cool websites we come across, leave your email here. Or follow us via RSS feed.