Later after submitting the resignation letter, Eknath Khadse came to BJP headquarters at Nariman Point.
Maharashtra Bharatiya Janata Party’s senior minister Eknath Khadse on Saturday submitted his resignation to chief minister Devendra Fadnavis.
Khadse, who is facing series of corruption charges in murky land deal in Pune and phone call from his mobile to underworld fugitive Dawood Ibrahim, was asked by central leadership to step down.
Later after submitting the resignation letter, Khadse came to BJP headquarters at Nariman Point.
Share This Article Related Article
- Maharashtra Revenue Minister Eknath Khadse resigns after allegations of impropriety in land deal
- BJP starts process to act against Revenue Minister Eknath Khadse
- Land deal: Devendra Fadnavis meets PM Modi, Amit Shah; submits report on Eknath Khadse
- Anjali Damania threatens stir, demands action against Eknath Khadse
- Eknath Khadse skips Cabinet meeting, heads for pilgrimage
- Maharashtra: Feeling the heat after aide’s arrest, Khadse looks at BJP for support
The state BJP chief Raosaheb Danve said, “ Khadse is a senior most leader who played a crucial role in growth of the BJP party. The BJP supports him totally. We still believe he has done nothing wrong.” But due to series of allegations and daily media reports, Khadse morally took the responsibility and decided to step down.
Khadse who held important portfolios like revenue and agriculture said, “ I have become the victim of media trial. I still maintain I have done nothing wrong. But there is a campaign against me without providing concrete evidence.” Khadse also said, “ I have always fought against corruption all my life. In last 40 years, I have played a crucial role in growth of the BJP.”
Since there are sustained campaign to malign my image and my party, I have decided to resign. But a…