Leader of Opposition in Delhi Assembly and BJP MLA Vijender Gupta. (Source: Express photo/File)
A day after Anti Corruption Branch (ACB) registered an FIR in the alleged Rs 400-crore water tanker scam, the Delhi BJP on Tuesday claimed the irregularities continued even during the Kejriwal government.
“Kejriwal government not only tried to save former chief minister Sheila Dikshit in the DJB water tanker scam but also permitted work by the same contractors who were working during her regime,” Delhi BJP president Satish Upadhyay alleged.
Share This Article Related Article
- Water tanker scam: Congress downplays ‘politically motivated’ probe
- Delhi water tanker scam: ACB registers FIR, to question Sheila Dikshit and Arvind Kejriwal
- Water tanker scam: Allegations politically motivated, says Sheila Dikshit
- BJP 'shielding' Sheila Dikshit in tanker scam: AAP minister Kapil Mishra
- Water tanker 'scam': Report on graft ‘by Sheila govt’ sent to ACB, says Mishra
- Kejriwal asks BJP MLA about wife’s ‘role in pension scam’, he climbs on top of desk in protest
Watch Video: What’s making news
Leader of Opposition and party MLA Vijender Gupta, on whose complaint the ACB registered the FIR, claimed the “scam” was going on as the monthly payments to the contractors were being made and the government has not taken any action against any official or the “guilty” contractors.
Also read | Delhi water tanker scam: PM Modi can’t scare me with FIR, says Kejriwal
He demanded the payments made to the contractors during the Kejriwal government be realised from Aam Aadmi Party.
The ACB registered a case on Monday in connection with the alleged scam linking Dikshit.
“The government sat on the fact-finding commi…