BSP’s Gaya Charan Dinkar with colleagues Satish Misra and Naseemuddin Siddiqui and Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey at the state Assembly in Lucknow on Monday. (Source: Express photo)
Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) MLA from Naraini in Banda district, Gaya Charan Dinkar Monday took charge as the new Leader of Opposition in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly, replacing Swami Prasad Maurya, who recently quit the party.
Dinkar was elected the leader of BSP Legislature Party at a meeting of party MLAs Saturday.
Dinkar was accompanied by BSP general secretaries Satish Chandra Misra (a Rajya Sabha MP) and Naseemuddin Siddiqui (Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Council) when he met the Speaker this afternoon. The Assembly secretariat later issued a notification to this effect while the Speaker handed over the letter of appointment to Dinkar.
Share This Article Related Article
- Gaya Charan Dinkar becomes Leader of Opposition in UP Assembly
- UP assembly polls 2017: Mayawati has gone back to basics, or rather Jatavs
- BSP elects Dalit MLA to replace Maurya as LoP
- Mayawati says Swami Prasad Maurya disloyal, selfish; triggers war of words
- Mayawati picks House leaders,sparks talk of Rajya Sabha bid
- Mayawati picks House leaders,sparks talk of RS bid
Watch Video: What’s making news
The four-time MLA f…