This week on Tech Deals, we have a large number of tablets, solid state drives and more at steep discounts. In particular, the iPad Air, the LG G Pad and two SSDs for less than 50 cents per gigabyte.
Smartphones and Tablet Users
Tablet users will appreciate a large number of brand new and refurbished tablets at low, low prices.
LG G Pad 8.3
- Price: $245; compare to $349.99 MSRP
- Retailer: Newegg – Buy it Now
The G Pad at $245 is the best tablet you can buy for the money, anywhere. It offers the Snapdragon 600 chipset along with specs comparable to the 2013 Nexus 7. It’s currently being upgraded to the latest version of Android, 4.4. While this model ships with Android 4.2, you get KitKat simply by performing a firmware update.
It also includes the relatively rare IR blaster, which allows the G Pad to function as a wireless remote.
SquareTrade 2-Year Extended Smartphone Warranty
- Price: $79; compare to $99
- Retailer: Square Trade — Buy it Now
- Coupon: FRIENDSHARE79
Carrier warranties cost around $5 per month – this deal soundly beats paying $120 per 2 years. SquareTrade is one of the best regarded and reliable third party warranty companies around.
Apple iPad Air 16GB Tablet
- Price: $439.99; compare to $499
- Retailer: eBay – Buy it Now
The iPad Air offers a 9.7-inch Retina display and one of the thinnest and lightest builds in the near 10-inch form factor. The Apple A7 chipset scores well in most benchmarks. We’ve done a comparison between the iPad Mini and the iPad Air. The Air works well when paired with the iPad Mini.
- Refurbished Toshiba Excite Tablet 7.7″ – $119.99 via eBay
- Refurbished Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T — $179.99 via eBay
- Apple iPad Mini 64GB including Verizon 4G — $399.99 via eBay
Laptop and Desktop Users
Looking for an ultralight, Ultrabook-like laptop? We’ve got you covered.
ASUS Q200E 11.6″ Multi-touch Laptop (Refurbished)
- Price: $279.99
- Retailer: Bugdig via eBay – Buy it Now
- Coupon code: 39858
This particular laptop offers an Intel Celeron 1007U processor, which performs reasonably well for an ultra-low voltage, Ivy Bridge based processor. It also features Windows 8, multitouch, a mostly aluminum metal shell and a near Ultrabook (what’s an Ultrabook?) form factor.
This week we’ve got two great deals on SSDs, with extremely low per gigabyte prices.
SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB Solid State Drive
- Price: $119.99; compare to 214.99 MSRP
- Retailer: Amazon — Buy it Now
The SanDisk Ultra Plus offers solid, although not industry leading performance. It’s perfect for upgrading your laptop’s moldering SATA hard drive. It features among the lower power consumptions out of all major solid state drives. At the current price, this particular drive offers an extremely low per gigabyte pricing (48 cents per gigabyte), making it highly desirable and one of the cheapest options available at the 256GB market segment.
If you do take the plunge, make sure to read up on optimizing your SSD and extending its longevity. Also consider installing an SSD toolkit. SanDisk provides a firmware update toolkit.
PNY Optima 240GB Solid State Drive
- Price: $109.99 after $20 MIR; compare to $124.99 MSRP
- Retailer: Newegg — Buy it Now
- Rebate: Link
This is not the PNY XLR8, which achieves relatively high performance marks – the Optima scores decently on benchmarks. Its true value is in its very low per gigabyte pricing (37 cents per gigabyte).
If you do take the plunge, make sure to read up on optimizing your SSD and extending its longevity. Also consider installing an SSD toolkit.
- Seagate 600 480GB — $239.99 via Tiger Direct
- Crucial M500 250GB — $109.99 via Newegg with coupon code: EMCYTZT59226
- Patriot Viper 3 8GB of RAM — $54.68 after a $20 MIR via Newegg
- Corsair CX600M 600watt modular power supply — $54.99 after $20 MIR via Tiger Direct
Out of all the deals featured here, I prefer the LG G Pad. It’s among the best tablets I’ve ever seen and at the current price point , it compares well against even the value-oriented Nexus 7.
That’s it for this week folks! Check back next week for the same great deals!