RSS pracharak and international joint coordinator of Hindu Swayamsevak Sangh (HSS), V Ravi Kumar Iyer, conducted a yoga workshop at the Indian Cultural Centre, a unit of the Indian Embassy in Bangkok, on Tuesday.
Iyer, the number two at the HSS, held the workshop with another yoga guru, Gandhar Vishwas Mandlik.
When contacted, an embassy official told The Indian Express: “Indian Cultural Centre, Embassy of India, holds regular workshops and talks on yoga which are open to all and free of cost. Besides these workshops, ICC also holds regular yoga classes, thrice a week, at a nominal charge of Rs 30 per class.”
Share This Article Related Article
- Delhi confidential: Window Of Hope
- International Day of Yoga: Yoga-Tai Chi 'jugalbandi' in China
- Simply put: Overseas swayamsevaks, their Hindutva project
- Yoga Day: 192 countries, 37,500 mats in Yoga Capital
- Yoga,a way of life in Uzbekistan
- 92,and still going strong
Watch Video: What’s making news
Stating that Tuesday’s yoga workshop was free of cost, he said: “ICC has not paid for the air fare or for the workshop… We provide the venue/ platform for promotion of yoga and Indian art forms and languages.”
The HSS is an RSS-inspired unit that has br…