With International Yoga Day tomorrow, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley hailed Baba Ramdev for keeping yoga alive.
With just a day to go for the International Yoga Day, Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has hailed Yoga guru Baba Ramdev for reviving the ancient Indian practice and making people aware about the benefits of the same.
While addressing masses at the iconic Rajpath in the national capital, Jaitley on June 19 said, “I welcome Baba Ramdev ji and all his co-workers that they have organised this event two days before the international yoga day to celebrate the world wide success of the India’s yoga initiative.”
“Yoga has been an ancient practice in India. Yoga was well known but in the past few years Baba Ramdev has immensely contributed in reviving yoga and has made people aware about its positive effects and for this the whole nation is grateful to Swami ji. And last year the whole accepted yoga after the United Nations declared 21st June as world Yoga Day,” he added.
Share This Article Related Article
- PM Modi leads International Yoga Day celebrations, says it is 'more than just physical fitness'
- Yoga reduces side effects of chemotherapy, says experts
- Yoga Day coach Baba Ramdev has team in a twist: ‘we will rid the world of gas’
- Baba Ramdev likely to share stage with PM Narendra Modi
- Yoga given special status; its promotion charitable activity
- Yoga Day: Baba Ramdev hails PM Narendra Modi's role behind UN decision
Watch Video: What’s making news
Baba Ramdev held a massive yoga camp at the iconic Rajpath in New Delhi on June 19 evening to mark the beginning of the International Yoga Day celebrations.
The event saw participation of thousands of volunteers, including political bigw…