AIJASS national president Yashpal Malik urging the protesters sitting on dharna for last two weeks at Jassia village to lift dharna today in Rohtak on Sunday. Express Photo
All India Jat Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti (AIJASS) president, Yashpal Malik, Sunday, recorded his statement in the sedition case registered against him at Jind City police station. Also, the organisation lifted its dharnas, demanding reservation in jobs and educational institutes, by Sunday afternoon from 15 districts of Haryana, as decided on Saturday at New Delhi in a meeting with Haryana government.
On May 27, that the Jind police had registered a sedition case against Malik and 125 other persons for allegedly threatening peace and communal harmony in the state by instigating people to launch a fresh Jat reservation quota agitation. However, Malik was not arrested and on June 16, he was issued notice to join investigation within a week.
Share This Article Related Article
- Jats call off quota agitation after talks with Haryana govt
- Jats give Haryana till August 31 to meet their demands
- Jat quota stir: 20 persons detained in Hisar
- Jat quota: Rally in Delhi on May 10, to demand quota in other states and Centre
- Jats call off stir,to wait for panel report
- Hooda adamant,Jats threaten to intensify protest in states
SHO of Jind City police station, Sub-Inspector Jagbir Singh confirmed, “Malik has recorded his statement today. He has said that he has not given any such speech or done anything for which sedition case sh…