Relatives and Family members of Police Inspector Umesh Kacchap protest out side Jharkhand Chief Minister’s official residence in Ranchi on Sunday demanding CBI probe into his death. (Source: PTI Photo)
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das on Sunday ordered a high-level inquiry into the alleged suicide of 48-year-old police inspector, Umesh Kachchap, following protests by his family. Kachchap allegedly committed suicide on Saturday morning at his official residence in Dhanbad’s Topchanchi area.
The chief minister also announced Rs 10 lakh compensation and a job to the next of the kin of the Inspector.
The decision to order a high-leve;l probe came after the family members and well-wishers of the Inspector protested with his body outside Das’ residence in Kanke area of the city on Sunday afternoon. After the protests, the chief minister directed full state honours during the inspector’s last rites. Assembly Speaker Dinesh Oraon and several senior officials attended his last rites.
Share This Article Related Article
- Journalist shot dead in Jharkhand, CM Raghubar Das condemns incident
- Latehar killings: Families of cattle traders refuse to meet CM Raghubar Das
- Deogarh stampede: PM Modi expresses gried over deaths, speaks to Jharkhand CM
- Curfew in Jamshedpur after clashes over alleged eve teasing, at least 100 arrested
- Jharkhand budget: Big promises but no word on roadmap
- Now,murdered Yuva Vahini leaders ki…