The accused of Malvani triple murder case at crime branch Kandivili in Mumbai suburbs. Express Photo by Amit Chakravarty
The Mumbai Police Crime Branch arrested three persons from Valsad in Gujarat, for allegedly murdering a woman and her two minor grandchildren in Malvani. Babli Shaw (50) and her grandchildren, Aryan (13) and Sania (10), were found murdered in their home in a chawl in Malvani’s block number 6 on the morning of June 23.
The accused have been identified as Anam Shaikh (25), her husband Salman Akbar (26) and the couple’s friend Salman Afzal (22). Akbar and Afzal are rickshaw drivers in Malvani.
Cops believe that Anam was the main conspirator behind the murder. During the probe, the police found that Shaw owned the Malvani ground-plus-two structure, in which she lived on the ground floor and allegedly ran an illicit soliciting business on the second floor, officers said.
Share This Article Related Article
- Malvani: Three held for murdering two kids and a woman
- Mumbai Crime Branch arrests 3 for Malvani murders
- Malvani triple murder case in Mumbai, CCTV may have captured killer: Cops
- Woman stabbed, grandchildren’s throat slit inside their Malvani home
- At large since Vasai rape in January in Mumbai, 39-yr-old arrested by Crime Branch
- Hours after ‘abduction’, infant found at doorstep
Watch Video: What’…