The case of sexual abuse of a minor against expelled BJD leader and popular Odia actor Tatwa Kishore Satpathy saw a twist Monday as the victim’s father filed an affidavit before the court of Khurda District and Sessions Judge seeking withdrawal of the case, citing that the matter has been “amicably resolved”.
The court rejected the affidavit, as only the High Court has the jurisdiction to rule over whether such cases can be withdrawn.
The affidavit was submitted when Satpathy’s bail plea was taken up for hearing Monday. Khurda sessions court public prosecutor said the affidavit was rejected since the victim’s father had no locus standi to file such an affidavit in the case.
Share This Article Related Article
- Comedian held for ‘harassing’ minor girl
- Comedian booked for ‘molestation’, producers, directors under scanner
- HC miffed with principal secys selective info
- 7/11 CDRs not useful,hence deleted them: ATS
- CBI cannot probe Adarsh case,govt tells court
- Case closure rejected due to media pressure: Talwars
Watch Video: What’s making news
Satpathy, popularly known by his stage name Pappu Pom Pom, was arrested from the templ…