The CBI had registered case against Joshi under Section 120-B of the Indian Penal Code and prevention of corruption act, after conducting raids at four locations.
The CBI on Sunday detained Home Ministry Under Secretary Anand Joshi who is accused of corrupt practices and walking away with the files pertaining to alleged foreign funds violations by social activist Teesta Setalvad.
Joshi, who went “missing” from his residence last week after leaving behind a note, in which he said he had been facing “mental harassment” for the last few months, was detained in the the national capital for questioning.
Share This Article Related Article
- Graft charge against under secy: MHA to scan Foreigners Division for irregularities
- On day he was to appear before CBI, Home officer Anand Joshi goes missing
- Officer versus officer over Teesta Setalvad's trust file, CBI case
- Home Ministry official, Anand Joshi, booked on graft charges
- Shameful vendetta, says Teesta Setalvad, as CBI raids her home, office in Mumbai
- CBI carries out raid at Teesta Setalvad's premises alleging embezzlement
The CBI had registered case against Joshi under Section 120-B of the Indian Penal Code and prevention of corruption act, after conducting raids at four locations, including Joshi’s residence and office.
The CBI had said that cash worth…