Gadkari said starting the project on this small patch in Yamuna would serve as a “model for the entire country.”
Union minister Nitin Gadkari today asked officials to fast-track the project on starting a boat transport service on a section of Yamuna and see if it could be be commenced from October.
The Minister for Road Transport and Highways and Shipping, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia, PWD Minister Satyendar Jain and Water Minister Kapil Mishra discussed the issue during a meeting here.
Gadkari asked officers of his ministry to fast-track the project that seeks to start the boat service from Wazirabad to Fatehpur Jat and check if it could be commenced from October.
Share This Article Related Article
- Must for public buses to have panic button, CCTV cameras, says Nitin Gadkari
- Will make Yamuna bank like Sabarmati front: Uma Bharti
- Sailing to Agra on Yamuna to be reality soon: Nitin Gadkari
- Gadkari promises airport-style ISBTs, new Outer Ring Rd
- Nitin Gadkari: No tenders for roads without 80% land in place
- Gadkari moots plan to clean Yamuna with help from ministries
Watch Video: What’s making news
Transport Ministry officials also raised the issue of building terminals on the banks where boats could berth.
Gadkari said starting the project on this small patch in Yamuna would serve as a “model for the entire country” and also prove to be a boost to the waterways…