THE Income Tax department is set to start a massive outreach campaign to raise awareness on the declaration of undisclosed income.
Addressing the media in Pune on Tuesday, DS Benupani, Commissioner of Income Tax (Admn & TPS), said this campaign is part of the Special Income Declaration Scheme, 2016, which allows declaration of undisclosed income till September 30.
Share This Article Related Article
- Disclose undisclosed income by September 30: PM Modi in Mann Ki Baat
- Black money window: Income Tax dept publishes list of asset valuers
- Four-month window to declare black money opens on June 1: Finance Ministry
- No immunity for IPC offences under domestic black money window
- Black Money Act-Foreign asset valuation: Getting it right
- Disclosures to enjoy immunity from PMLA: Black money FAQs
Watch Video: What’s making news
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, during his latest “Maan Ki Baat”, had urged citizens to declare their undeclared assets. Failure on part of citizens to declare such assets would result in penal action by the Income Tax department.
“The department has collected data from more than 15 sources, including major value land transaction, luxury v…