Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Prime Minister Narendra Modi
Delhi Chief Minister and Aam Aadmi Party convener Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday lashed out at Prime Minister Narendra Modi and asked him “if he was not allowing the Delhi Assembly to function because he was not able to digest the defeat?”
Kejriwal backed his accusation by citing the example of Modi, who, the CM said, also blames Congress President Sonia Gandhi for not letting the Parliament work.
“Why is Modi ji only behind disqualifying Delhi Parliament Secretaries. Haryana, Punjab, Gujarat and others have Parl Secy posts too,” he told news agency ANI.
Share This Article Related Article
- President ‘withholds’ assent to Delhi govt bill on parliamentary secy post
- AAP holds emergency meet, discusses rejection of bill by President Mukherjee
- President refuses assent to Kejriwal govt's Bill over office of profit, fate of 21 AAP MLAs hangs in balance
- End Constitutional crisis in Delhi, BJP tells Pranab Mukherjee
- Arvind Kejriwal's first words: this victory is scary…don’t let it go to the head
- German President, Kejriwal in a one-on-one the day after
Watch Video: What’s making news
The comments come after President Pranab Mukherjee on Monday withheld assent to a bill passed by the Delhi government in June 2015 to exempt the post of parliamentary secretary from the purview of an office-of-profit with retrospective effect.
The AAP government in Delhi had appointed 21 of its MLAs on the post of P…