Akhil Bharatiya Hindu Mahasabha president Swami Chakrapani along with others had earlier handed over an investigative report pertaining to the Kairana mass exodus to UP Governor Ram Naik. Express photo.
Six Akhil Bharatiya Hindu Mahasabha activists were arrested for violating prohibitory orders in Kairana village in Shamli district.
The incident occurred on June 27 when six activists, including Hindu Mahasabha national general secretary Puja Shagun Pandey, state president Ghanendrapal, state vice-president Sachin Sharma and Aligarh divisional president Jaivir Singh, reached Kairana village to take stock of the alleged migration of Hindus from the western part of the town, Superintendent of Police Vijay Bhushan said.
Share This Article Related Article
- Kairana Exodus: UP Governor Ram Naik questions five-man seer panel
- Kandhla ‘exodus': Admn says 7 still at home, 4 dead, others left for business
- Akhil Bharatiya Hindu Mahasabha chief to visit Kairana as part of five-member team of 'seers'
- Shamli's Kairana grabs the headline: All you need to know about the tehsil
- Uttar Pradesh: Claim of Hindu families fleeing homes to be probed
- Hindu Mahasabha to oppose ‘communal harmony’ meet
Watch Video: What’s making news
The activists were later released on personal bonds by the sub-divisional magistrate court in Muzzafarnagar.