Suspected terrorist Mohammed Mosiruddin received several phone calls from Syria, Iraq and Bangladesh, investigators have claimed citing details of the call list on his mobile phone.
“It was quite surprising to see so many calls on the suspected terrorist’s mobile phone made from foreign countries. After checking the numbers we have found that a few calls were made from Syria, some from Iraqi numbers while some were made to and received from Bangladesh also,” a CID officer told PTI.
“There were calls made and received from other states of the country also. We are verifying them and trying to find out who and why the calls were made to Mosiruddin,” he said. Asked whether any documents related to Mosiruddin’s link to Islamic State (ISIS) and Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB) were seized, the officer said, “We will not be able to divulge that but I can confirm that we have got definite clues relating to Mosiruddin’s links to the terror groups.”
Share This Article Related Article
- Terrorist arrested at Bardhaman station has links to IS: West Bengal CID
- Mumbai youths in Iraq: ATS picks up laptops, pendrives from their homes
- Evidence points to conspiracy in CPM killings: CID
- CID nails Pandian with phone call records
- Tulsiram case: CID delays Pandians arrest,seeks his call records from ATS
- Tulsiram case: CID seeks Pandians call records
It was learnt that during a joint grilling session by CID, National Investigation Agency (NIA) and Intelligence Bureau
(IB) sleuths, Mosiruddin has said a list of top IPS officers in the country including from West Bengal were being prepared.
“But he was mum when asked for what purpose the list was getting prepared … We are checking whether …